Happy New Year!
I decided to go ahead with a small improvement to the bathroom: a basket to neatly stash soiled handtowels awaiting laundry day.
The resulting basket is a repurposed doll quilt, in response to my quilt-cutting challenge. Very little cutting was necessary; it was mostly folding, like origami, and sewing into place. I used to love making origami boxes when I was a kid, so this was entertaining and easy. It’s great how it stands up on its own without collapsing, and its bottom is pleasingly flat. It’s also handy that it can be tossed in the wash along with its contents. I’d like to experiment with Velcro for a less permanent basket.
I haven’t finished with the quilt-cutting challenge yet; I dug out a large quilt that I never use, and am planning to make a couple of quilted bags from it.
If you are taking up this challenge, I would love to see your pictures.